When a dataset is created, a view is created automatically. For a conceptual overview of the data view see View.
A dataset has at least one view. When there are multiple views, the list of views is visible in the following places:
- As sub lists within the dataset item to the data library.
- In the preview panel.
- In the View tab at the top of the View container.
Table of Contents
More views can be added by completing the following steps:
- Add a new view from the ‘view’ page by clicking on + next to an existing View.
- Duplicate an existing view.
- Save explore card filters as a new view.
Views can be deleted by navigating to:
- The views: The view menu against any view.
- The preview panel: Clicking on the view and deleting on the preview panel.
Mammoth prevents deletion of views that are used in other views as references. You will need to take corrective measures before proceeding.
A View can be opened by:
- Select the View in the data library.
- Click on the OPEN button in the preview panel.
Double-clicking the View from the landing page also opens the View.
The View menu allows you to duplicate a View. This new View is unlinked from the original and any changes in either of the Views does not affect the other View.
Creating a View by saving explore cards has the same effect. That is, the new View that gets created using this option is a duplicate of the original except that it has one extra filter task in its pipeline using the current Explore Card filters.
A View can be saved as a template. This template consists of all the tasks, explore cards, column renames, column reorders and so on. It does not contain any of the original data.
A saved template can be applied to a View. This requires a full schema match to work between the View of the template and the View on which the template is being applied. That is, all the column types should match and they should have the same names.
Note that applying template removes the current pipeline on the View.