Use New Column task to add a new column of a provided type to your data. When you create a column, only the column is created and no values are filled in the column.
This is just one of the ways to create a new column. See the end of this page for other ways of creating a new column with values.
Let us start with the following data
We can add a couple of new columns by doing the following
- Open Data Preparation menu and click on Column Functions
- Select New Column
- Enter a new column name, say Age. Let us choose the numeric as the data type of the new column.
- Click on New Column. This will add another column to the list.
- Enter another new column name, say Gender
- Click APPLY
After this task, data will look like this:
The following options are supported
- Column Name: The name of the new column.
- Data type: The type of the new column.
Multiple new columns can be created using this rule.