To add a task, complete the following:
- Open a dataset’s view.
- Click on the Data Preparation button. This opens the Data Preparation menu.
- Hover over any of the buttons to see additional information about the task.
- See Tasks for more information about tasks. Clicking on the task opens a Task panel.
- After having configured a valid set of inputs, the APPLY button becomes valid.
- Clicking the CANCEL button cancels the operation. Note that this cannot be undone.
- Clicking the APPLY button will submit the task to Mammoth.
- Data gets refreshed after the task is finished. An entry for the task is added in the pipeline.
This action can be undone or modified by the menu in the pipeline.
The Pipeline is a serial list of tasks and exports that run one after another.
- Open the Pipeline panel by clicking on the button to the left of the Data Preparation button.
- When the Dataset updates, the new data is automatically synced to the View.
- Each task in the pipeline runs sequentially. You can pause this by turning off auto-sync by going back to the Preview Panel > Sync Settings.
- You can re-run the Pipeline partially if any of the tasks are edited or discarded.
- You can edit any task. This is done by first identifying the task to be edited in the pipeline. Each task has a menu at the top right corner.
- The Modify option opens the task panel in the edit mode.
- The system prevents editing of any task if it can hinder the execution of steps in the pipeline. A warning is displayed. Read the error message and take corrective action. Note that APPLY button will not be enabled until valid parameters are entered.
- You can delete any task. This is done by first identifying the task to be deleted in the pipeline. Each task has a menu at the top right corner.
- The Delete option displays a confirmation dialogue. Note that this action cannot be undone.
- The system prevents edits to task if the edits to the task can hinder the execution of steps in the pipeline. A warning is displayed. Read the error message and take corrective action.