Split into Multiple Columns¶
The Split Column task is used to split a column by a delimiter into multiple columns. This task is similar to Converting Text to Columns in Microsoft excel.
Let us start with the following sample data.
Let us assume that you want to split the column URL by the string /. Complete the folowing steps to achieve this:
- Open Data Preparation menu and click on Column Functions
- Choose the column URL as the source.
- Enter the string / as the delimiter.
- Enter the names Website and Path as the resulting column names.
- Click APPLY.
The data appears as shown below:
The following options are supported
- Source column: The column having values to be split.
- Delimiter: The value to split the values by. It can be a any text value including special characters, space, and numbers.
- Number of columns: Number of new columns to create.
- Resulting columns: The names of the new columns to be created.