The Text Formatting task allows you to do the following:
- Consolidate whitespace characters into a single space.
- Change text to lowercase, uppercase, or to a capitalized form.
Let us start with the following sample data:
As depicted in the table, the Names column is not consistent. Let us capitalize all the words. Complete the following steps to achieve this:
- Open Data Preparation menu and click on Text Functions
- Select the option Text Formatting
- Select the column Names in the column list.
- Select the Change case to option. Click on the option Capitalized.
- Click APPLY.
The data will appear as shown in the following table:
The following options are supported in Format Text task.
You can select one or more columns to which you want to apply this rule.
Change case to¶
This supports the following three options:
If this option is checked, multiple consecutive whitespaces will be combined into just one.
- capitalize option will capitalize each word in the sentence.